First, I would like to start of by saying that a couple corporate Apple people are coming to sit in on my class, HOW COOL!!
Besides that, I am currently working on my audio story. This story will be 1:00-1:30 minutes long and will consist of an unnarrated interview with natural sound. I will post the final product to this blog when it’s completed.
I am currently working with the Herbalife 24Fit Challenge class for my assignment, which is a six-week progressive boot (fit) camp that includes 12 classes of physical training. It also includes extreme fitness challenges, a fitness evaluation, coaching, and a complete body transformation. This camp is free to the community and is offered by Suite Leaf Nutrition. The class is on Tuesdays at either 6 a.m. or 6 p.m.
For this assignment, our class is using an app called Voddio. We record within this app and are able to edit the clip there also. To get sound we use either a stick mic or a Mikey because these are both better than the native mic on the phone or iPad. I prefer the stick mic because it allows you to get directional sound.
Now I leave you with the 10 Commandments of Natural Sound:
- Thou shalt get one minute of ambient sound.
- Thou shalt keep the mic in the same place.
- Thou shalt not walk on the end of sound bytes.
- Thou shalt wear headphones and keep them clean.
- Thou shalt shun the evil hums, such as refrigerators, projectors etc.
- Thou shalt have no music playing in the background.
- Thou shalt have interviewee prounce their first, last name and title.
- Thou shalt check tape before departing.
- Thou shalt hold mic close to interviewee.
- Thou shalt get another minute of ambience, just in case.