Are you in a rut? Do you feel like your metabolism has hit its plateau? Well, you’re in luck! Here are several ways you can boost your metabolism and keep on track toward that goal of yours!
1) I know I have said it before, but I can’t stress it enough. EAT BREAKFAST. Going too long without food sends your body into starvation mode, which in turn only slows your metabolism. So jumpstart it by eating breakfast!
2) Consume most of your calories before noon. Dinner should actually be your lightest meal of the day. Also, pick and time, for example say 8pm, and don’t allow yourself to eat after this time.
3) That being said, eat regularly. Providing your body with a steady source of energy keeps your metabolism working all day long.
4) Don’t eat less than the 1200 calories a day. This also sends your body into starvation, which again only slows your metabolism.
5) Add in weight training and resistance exercises. Muscle burns more calories than fat, so the more muscle you have to more calories you burn! This is a simple way to increase your daily average metabolic rate.
6) Don’t forget about that cardio. Starting your day off with cardio is another simple way to jumpstart that metabolism. Exercise also keeps your metabolism revved up during the hours following your workout.
7) Drink a cold glass of water as soon as you wake up and continue to drink water throughout the day. The burning process of metabolism needs water to be effective. Try snacking on fruits and vegetable, instead of pretzels and chips to add more fluid to your diet.
8) Add spice to your meals. Spices contain chemical compounds that will kick your metabolism into a higher gear.
9) Eat protein. Your body uses more energy to burn foods high in protein compared to those loaded with carbohydrates or fat.
10) Start your day off with a cup of coffee. Just remember to stick to one cup a day. Although coffee only provides a short-term increase in your metabolic rate, all the little changes you make can add up!
11) Finally, drink green tea. Like coffee, tea has caffeine, which naturally boosts your metabolism. It also has its own health benefits! What, you ask? Well, it is known to help with everything from fighting cancer to helping your heart!
This site has a list of the top 15 metabolism boosting foods. Check it out!